Can I bring a group of students?

UK High School Immersion courses are available to groups. Please email for availability and prices.

What travel documents do I need?

You will need a valid passport for the whole duration of your studies.

Do I need a visa?

Depending on your nationality and destination you may also need a visa for your stay. Contact us for more information OR contact your local British Embassy.

Do I need insurance?

In our experience, it is essential that international students have the protection of personal insurance for the duration of their time in the UK. The consequences of being uninsured can be extremely difficult and expensive. Therefore, we include insurance as an additional cost В unless proof that insurance has been procured from an external provider.

UK High School Immersion (UKHSI) policy on student insurance

If you don’t wish insurance to be added to your invoice please supply proof that the students (s) are covered by sending documentation. If this documentation cannot be presented by email your UKHSI invoice will show that you have been charged for insurance. You will also receive a summary of cover which will show your StudyCare policy number and the 24-hour ACE Assistance emergency telephone number in the event that you need assistance whilst on route.

What is StudyCare?

StudyCare is a comprehensive insurance plan administered by ACE European Group Limited, a leading insurance provider.

Is it compulsory for students to have insurance?

Yes. As a professional education provider we take your safety and security very seriously. That is why we insist that all our students are appropriately insured during their time with UKHSI.

How much will it cost?

Study care costs ВЈ50 for the duration of the students stay.

How do I take advantage of the cover?

For your convenience, at the time of your enrolment, StudyCare insurance will be automatically allocated and invoiced unless you can provide proof of alternative adequate cover.

When will my cover start?

Cover for cancellation expenses starts from the moment you have paid the insurance fee in full. Cover for the remaining sections starts from the inclusive dates for which you require cover. These dates will include time for your journey to your study destination and return home.

What will I receive as proof of my cover?

The UKHSI invoice will show that you have been charged for insurance. You will also receive a summary of cover which will show your StudyCare policy number and the 24-hour ACE Assistance emergency telephone number in the event that you need assistance whilst en route.

What happens if I cancel or change my course?

StudyCare includes cancellation and curtailment cover. Tuition and accommodation fees up to a certain level are covered if you have to cancel because of illness or accident. If you change your course, we will change the insurance period to suit the length of the course and travelling times, without penalty.

Who should I contact to make a claim?

You should telephone the claim number that is given to you when you take out the insurance policy, as soon as reasonably possible after the date of the occurrence.

Will I have to pay excess against any claims?

In some cases you will have to cover the excess yourself. Full details are set out in the StudyCare policy booklet.

Medical Care - European Economic Area (EEA) nationals

All non-UK European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their family should obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) before coming to the UK. This card entitles the holder and their family to full NHS treatment on the same basis as the student categories described above.

Visit the European Commission’s website for more information on the EHIC

Medical Care - Students from outside the EEA

If you are not in one of the eligible categories described above, and your course is under six months long, you and your family are only entitled to limited free NHS treatment. You will have free emergency hospital treatment, but only the treatment given in a NHS Accident and Emergency department is free of charge. Once you are admitted on to a ward or given an outpatient appointment, charges will apply.

GPs may agree to treat you for free, but this will usually be limited to urgent treatment that cannot be delayed until you return home. You will have to pay for any other treatment as a private patient. It is therefore very important that you take out medical insurance for the duration of your visit to the UK. Please note that private medical treatment is very expensive if you do not have private medical insurance.

Are flights included in the price?

Your flight is not included in the course price.

Which airports can I arrive at?

Students can arrive at London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Luton Airport and Stansted. Our meet and greet service is available from all airports mentioned.

Does UKHSI arrange weekend trips?

During your time with UKHSI you’ll have the chance to visit many fantastic and fun attractions at the weekend. Please note there trips are set on the days advertised on the timetable and cannot be swapped. The admission, travel and packed lunch is included. All you need to bring is spending money.

How much spending money do I require?

UKHSI recommend no more than ВЈ50 per week spending money.

What is a Placement test?

Before starting your course you will take a placement test to assign you to the perfect level for you. This will be taken online at least 14 days prior to arrival.

Are different nationalities mixed at UKHSI?

Students will mix with English children in the high school throughout the school day.

How early do I need to book a course?

Book the course as early as possible, your booking is only confirmed when we receive the deposit and send the confirmation booking email.

What is the minimum and maximum time I can spend at UKHSI?

The minimum length of course is 1 week and the maximum time is 9 months.

Will I receive a Welcome pack?

Yes a UKHSI Welcome Pack will be sent electronically when course fees have cleared.