You need a visa if you are not a European Economic Area (EEA) national. If you plan to study for less than 6 months you require a Student Visitor Visa.

Student Visitor Visa (SVV):

  • This visa is for non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationals taking English courses less than 6 months long.
  • This is the only visa available for beginner level English students.
  • To get a SVV you will need to have aВ Visa SupportВ letter from us and show that you have enough money to pay for your course and live on. We will not send you a Visa Support letter until you have paid in full.
  • This visa cannot be extended from within the UK. You must apply for a new visa from your home country.
  • You cannot work in the UK with this visa.

What should you do?

In order to qualify for a visa, you should enrol on a full-time course for a minimum of 15 hours tuition per week. We will send you a Visa Support letter after your full payment. You will need to take the relevant documents together with passport photographs, application fees and your passport to your local embassy in order to apply for a visa to the UK. Students should check with the Embassy or British Council in their own country as requirements vary considerably from country to country.

Please notice that the shortest term required for a Visa is 3 months.

Refusal of visas

If the visa is not granted, you should send proof of refusal at least 1 week prior to arrival. UK High School Immersion will then refund the total cost of the course and accommodation once we have checked your details from where you applied for the visa.

An Administration Fee of £100 is not refunded and other charges may apply.